It is technically transferable, however, there is no secondary market for the bonds that are listed on the platform. If you want to sell, and find someone who wants to buy it, Downing will facilitate this for a £25 fee. You may have to sell your bonds for less than what you paid for them.
Articles in this section
- What does 'first charge' mean?
- How and when is interest paid?
- What is a SSAS?
- What is a SIPP?
- What happens if the borrower defaults?
- Bonds + Equity products
- Who can invest?
- What am I investing in?
- What is the regulatory classification of these bonds?
- What happens if the target amount for a bond is not raised?