In order to manage risk, the bond will be secured by a legal charge on the underlying assets in the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), which means if the borrower defaults on the bond, Downing LLP, as security trustee, can take control of these assets. Bondholders rank ahead of any other existing or indeed future loans into the business. This means that investors in the Bond will have priority over any other creditors and the shareholders of the Borrower. Nevertheless, your capital is still at risk and returns are not guaranteed.
Articles in this section
- What does 'first charge' mean?
- How and when is interest paid?
- What is a SSAS?
- What is a SIPP?
- What happens if the borrower defaults?
- Bonds + Equity products
- Who can invest?
- What am I investing in?
- What is the regulatory classification of these bonds?
- What happens if the target amount for a bond is not raised?