The bonds on this platform are transferable bonds and classed as a ‘Non-Readily Realisable Security’ (NRRS) by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This means the bonds are illiquid, not listed on regulated stock markets, and hard to value independently, hence all investors will be categorised, and will need to pass an ‘Appropriateness test’ before we make any direct offer financial promotions.
Articles in this section
- Who can invest?
- What am I investing in?
- What is the regulatory classification of these bonds?
- What happens if the target amount for a bond is not raised?
- Why is the minimum investment as low as £100 and what is the maximum?
- Just how at risk is my capital?
- What does secured actually mean?
- What fees do Downing get and when?
- Can I sell my bond?
- What if I invest and then change my mind? Is there a cancellation (cooling off) period?